Ada Solar Energy will develop, build and operate solar PV farms in the Republic of Ghana. Ada Solar Energy Limited is involved in the following projects in Ghana:
- project 1: initial 50mw solar farm at Ceasarkope, Ada, Southern Ghana, expandable to 200MW.
- project 2: development of 50mw at Mim community, Middle Ghana, expandable to 100MW.
- project 3: 200MW solar project near Tamale, Northern Ghana, with PPA and construction license already obtained.
Project 1 enjoys strong support from the family owning the land and from the Member of Parliament for the Ada constituency. 1,000 hectares have been secured for the project and the company will be allowed to build both solar PV farms and wind turbines on the land. The milestones for project 1 are as follows:
- Provisional licence obtained
- Land acquired at Ceasarkope, Ada
- Siting permit obtained
- EIA submitted and approved
- Grid connection report ongoing
- Assurance of PPA secured