Ada Solar Energy will develop, build and operate solar PV farms in the Republic of Ghana. Ada Solar Energy Limited is involved in the following projects in Ghana:
- project 1: solar farms at Ceasarkope, Ada, Southern Ghana. Each project is 50MW.
- project 2: Solar farms at Brong-Ahafo region, Middle Ghana. Each project is 50MW.
Project 1 enjoys strong support from the family owning the land and from the Member of Parliament for the Ada constituency. 1,000 hectares have been secured for the project and the company will be allowed to build both solar PV farms and wind turbines on the land. The milestones for project 1 are as follows:
- Provisional licence obtained
- Land acquired at Ceasarkope, Ada
- Siting permit obtained
- Environmental Protection Agency Environmental Permit obtained
- Grid connection report completed
- Assurance of PPA secured